The DP Simulator Course is intended for those who have completed the DP Induction Course in addition to 60 days of sea time. This course is intended to build on that experience and provide some realistic DP-based scenario work. These scenarios should provide the opportunity to practice all aspects of the planning and conduct of typical DP operations, including the handling of emergencies.
- Describe operation of a DP system.
- Describe various DP operations.
- Describe emergency procedures in DP operation.
Assessment by multiple-choice tests. Pass mark 70%.
- The minimum qualification is set at STCW Regulation II/1 ‐ II/2 ‐ II/3 Deck, Regulation III/1 – III /2 – III/3 – III/6 Engine and Regulation III/6 for ETOs
- Successfully completed DP Induction Course and passed the exam.
- Successfully completed phase B: A minimum of 60 DP sea time days AND completion of task section on board a certified DP class vessel + company confirmation letter.
The course will be conducted in English.